Everyone who files for Chapter 7 bankruptcy – both businesses and individuals – must attend a court hearing called the 341 meeting of creditors. At the hearing, the bankruptcy trustee assigned to oversee your case will verify your identify and ask you questions under oath. Your creditors will have an opportunity to question you about the information submitted on your bankruptcy filing documents.
You are required under law to provide certain information to the Trustee. Listed below are the documents to be provided and specific procedures to be followed for the 341 meeting.
At least and no later than seven (7) days prior to your scheduled 341 Meeting of Creditors, you must provide to my office the following documents:
- Copies of any and all bank statements, including canceled checks for the three (3) months preceding the date of your bankruptcy filing. The latest bank statement should reflect the balance in your account(s) on the date of your bankruptcy filing.
- Copies of your personal Federal Income Tax Returns (Form 1040) for the past two years ending immediately before the commencement of your case.
- Attorneys: Upload all documents as follows:
- Pro Se Debtors (debtors who do not have an attorney) should mail the required documents to my office:
- Soneet Kapila, Bankruptcy Trustee
- P. O. Box 14213
- Fort Lauderdale, FL 33302
Listed below are documents required to be presented to the Trustee at the 341 Meeting of Creditors and information related to procedures to be followed during the meeting: