Everyone who files for Chapter 7 bankruptcy – both businesses and individuals – must attend a court hearing called the 341 meeting of creditors. At the hearing, the bankruptcy trustee assigned to oversee your case will verify your identify and ask you questions under oath. Your creditors will have an opportunity to question you about the information submitted on your bankruptcy filing documents.
You are required under law to provide certain information to the Trustee. Listed below are the documents to be provided and specific procedures to be followed for the 341 meeting.
At least and no later than ten (10) days prior to your scheduled 341 Meeting of Creditors, you must provide to my office the following documents:
Send to the Trustee:
- A complete copy of the last two (2) Federal Income Tax Returns for the past two years ending immediately before the commencement of your case.
- A complete copy of all statements for each of the debtor’s depository and investment accounts, including checking, savings, and money market accounts, mutual funds and brokerage accounts for the three (3) months preceding the bankruptcy filing through the petition date. [The latest statement(s) should reflect the balance in your account(s) on the day of your bankruptcy filing.]
- Domestic Support Obligation Information Form – completed and signed by the debtor(s)
- Section 341 written information sheet – completed and signed by the debtor(s)
- If the debtor has an automobile or other vehicle, please provide:
- a copy of the payoff statement for loan or lease (if applicable)
- A copy of the auto registration that clearly shows the VIN number
- A copy of the title that clearly shows the VIN number
- A copy of the independent valuation, if completed
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THE TRUSTEE IS REQUIRED TO CONTINUE THE FIRST MEETING OF CREDITORS UNTIL ALL DOCUMENTATION IS PROVIDED. IF NOT, THE TRUSTEE WILL FILE A MOTION TO DISMISS.
Attorneys: You should have received via email an automatic notification from TITLE XI, our bankruptcy management system, with directions for uploading required DEBTOR documents. If you did not receive the TITLE XI link, please go to this link, and click on the option “Debtor Attorneys: find support here” and then on the next page click “I need a link to see requests and upload documents“. [Attorneys may enter their email on the TITLE XI page and receive automatic emails with authentication keys.]
Pro Se Debtors (debtors who do not have an attorney) should send the required documents either by email or regular U.S. mail to my office:
Listed below are documents required to be presented to the Trustee at (or prior to) the 341 Meeting of Creditors and information related to procedures to be followed during the meeting:
341 Written Information Sheet – to be executed by each Debtor
New Procedures for First Meeting of Creditors – Pro se
New Procedures for First Meeting of Creditors – Counsel Letter
Domestic Support Obligation Information Sheet
Questionnaire For Debtors Not Represented by Attorney (Pro se) English
Questionnaire for Debtors Not Represented by Attorney (Pro se) Spanish
Attachment #1 – Declaration Regarding Administration of Oath and Confirmation of Identity and Social Security Number – (Pro Se)
Attachment #2- Attorney Declaration Regarding Confirmation of Debtor Identity and Social Security Number